Laboratory Animal Bedding Material
with the Added Value of Enrichment for Nesting
The animals transform the mini-rolls into a soft nesting material combined with Shepherd's™ Cob.
Eliminate the additional cost for adding nesting materials to the cage. Shepherd's™ Cob + PLUS™ combines both bedding and nesting materials all in one. Mini-rolls of multi-layered virgin paper cut into short lengths are added to give the animals nesting material which enhances their
nest building instincts.
This is a two for one advantage, you get all the benefits of the Industry’s leading
premium laboratory animal bedding material - PLUS Enrichment.
- Superior Sanitation: Shepherd's™ Cob is dried in our driers to a lower moisture content than any other cob bedding material on the market. Our target moisture content during manufacturing is 5% by weight while other manufacturers dry their product to 8 to 10%. Lower moisture content means our processing more effectively kills bacteria, yeast, mold and coliforms.
- Excellent Absorbency: Lower moisture content means Shepherd's™ Cob will absorb more liquid by volume than other similar bedding materials.
- Exceptional Ammonia Control: Corn cob bedding has been shown in several studies to control ammonia inmicro-isolation caging better than wood and some recycled paper bedding materials.
- Consistent Material: Shepherd's™ Cob + PLUS is made from 100% natural
- corn cob with all foreign matter removed. It is biodegradable and easily
- Available in Several Forms: Shepherd's™ Cob is available in our standard 1/4" and 1/8" grades in 35 pound autoclavable bags as well as bulk sacks. We also offer both grades irradiated in 35 pound bags and bulk sacks.
Download product sheet PDF